World of Warcraft sued for tech use
Published on: April 11, 2012 at 20:00
Updated on: Apr 11, 2012 at 13:51
Publishers: Blizzard Entertainment
The makers of World of Warcraft, Activision Blizzard, has had a lawsuit filed against them by Worlds Inc., a company that claims their proprietary, patented technology is being used by the gaming giant without compensation to them.
Oddly, the same suit was filed against NCSoft back in 2008 for tech used in City of Heroes. That lawsuit was dismissed a couple of years later, after a settlement was reached.
Are gaming developers really taking the intellectual property of a small company and using it without permission? Or has Worlds Inc. found a great way to supplement their income, knowing that most larger developers would rather settle such problems than fight in court?
Activision hasn’t filed a response to the lawsuit yet, but we will probably know more once they do.
More infos about the MMORPG World of Warcraft
Latest MMORPG1.com game news:
- 01/17/2013: Come Back to TERA for Seven Days
- 01/17/2013: Wakfu Drops Square Enix as North America ...
- 01/17/2013: The Secret World Offers IRL Apparel
- 01/16/2013: Star Wars: The Old Republic Talks Up Patch 1.7
- 01/16/2013: Delay for Wizardry Online
- 01/15/2013: Guild Wars 2: Three Million Copies Sold
- 01/15/2013: Wildman Starts Kickstarter Campaign
- 01/15/2013: Pathfinder Online Secures Kickstarter Funding
- 01/14/2013: Open Beta in DUST 514 Date Announced
- 01/11/2013: World of Warcraft’s Cinder Kitten ...