The Secret World to say subscription-based “for now”
Published on: July 12, 2012 at 11:00
Updated on: Jul 11, 2012 at 13:54
According to the creator of the amazingly cool conspiracy themed MMO The Secret World, the game will stay on a subscription based model for the foreseeable future. Ragnar Tornquist said that he’s sure the game will eventually evolve into a free to play title, but that change is a ways off.
Tornquist said that he thinks players are happier in new MMO when they can budget for the expense and know that money is coming in to the developer for future changes, fixes and upgrades. Tornquist may have forgotten that Funcom also has a cash shop set up for the game, in which players can purchase new outfits with Funcom Points (bought with real money).
However, it’s important to remember that the outfits are totally cosmetic and contribute nothing to the character other than the aesthetic.
Funcom plans to keep releasing new content for a long time, and after seeing how they handled the Age of Conan launch with its issues and problems, we can be assured that the developer will do whatever it takes to help the game be successful.
Reviews of The Secret World are varying wildly, with scores that depend mainly on whether the reviewer is able to figure out some of the more complicated aspects. Much of what players are calling “bugs” are actually missions that they cannot solve, and the game’s storyline, atmosphere and unique classless system are plenty to keep a hardcore survival-horror fan occupied for a long, long time.
More infos about the MMORPG The Secret World
Latest MMORPG1.com game news:
- 01/17/2013: Come Back to TERA for Seven Days
- 01/17/2013: Wakfu Drops Square Enix as North America ...
- 01/17/2013: The Secret World Offers IRL Apparel
- 01/16/2013: Star Wars: The Old Republic Talks Up Patch 1.7
- 01/16/2013: Delay for Wizardry Online
- 01/15/2013: Guild Wars 2: Three Million Copies Sold
- 01/15/2013: Wildman Starts Kickstarter Campaign
- 01/15/2013: Pathfinder Online Secures Kickstarter Funding
- 01/14/2013: Open Beta in DUST 514 Date Announced
- 01/11/2013: World of Warcraft’s Cinder Kitten ...