Temporary Layoffs at Funcom Following The Secret World Release
Published on: August 22, 2012 at 15:30
Updated on: Aug 22, 2012 at 14:48
It’s bad news for developer and publisher Funcom, the makers of Age of Conan and The Secret World, as the studio has just announced what they’re calling temporary layoffs for some of their staff.
The Secret World has apparently sold far fewer copies than Funcom estimated, and the studio experienced a sharp drop in stock price following the conspiracy-theory-themed MMO’s release. Additionally, a low MetaCritic score has been blamed for the game’s performance.
While user reviews are much higher, Funcom is aware that they’ve made a niche game for a rather small section of the gaming population — The Secret World is designed for those who are tired of conventional swords-and-sorcery, and willing to put in some effort on solving the game’s many investigation missions.
More infos about the MMORPG The Secret World
Latest MMORPG1.com game news:
- 01/17/2013: Come Back to TERA for Seven Days
- 01/17/2013: Wakfu Drops Square Enix as North America ...
- 01/17/2013: The Secret World Offers IRL Apparel
- 01/16/2013: Star Wars: The Old Republic Talks Up Patch 1.7
- 01/16/2013: Delay for Wizardry Online
- 01/15/2013: Guild Wars 2: Three Million Copies Sold
- 01/15/2013: Wildman Starts Kickstarter Campaign
- 01/15/2013: Pathfinder Online Secures Kickstarter Funding
- 01/14/2013: Open Beta in DUST 514 Date Announced
- 01/11/2013: World of Warcraft’s Cinder Kitten ...