Rift expansion details released
Rift expansion details releasedPublished on: Jun 2, 2012 at 16:00
Updated on: Jun 1, 2012 at 13:39
By TJSonntag | Get more infos about MMORPG Rift
An expansion is currently in development for Trion Worlds‘ epic fantasy MMO, and according to the trailer video, it’s going to be huge. The Storm Legion is bringing two full continents worth of quests, PvP, dungeons and raids, and that’s just the beginning.
Rift’s new villain, Crucia, is the head of the Storm Legion that will be threatening all of Telara. After playing through the storyline in Storm Legions, players of both factions will make their way to Tempest Bay, a new island city.
Rift developers have said since launch that they want to introduce even more Souls in their attunement system, and Storm Legion does just that. Not only will the level cap be bumped up to 60, but each Calling will receive a new Soul which can be attuned to create new and interesting builds for each type of character.
Finally, the official website for the Storm Legion expansion mentions “Dimensions: customizable spaces allow players and guilds to own a sliver of Telara.” What could that possibly mean? Will it be like guild halls, or player housing? We’ll have to wait and see what the developers have in store for us!
No release date has been given for the expansion as yet, but “Fall 2012” seems to be the most common rumor.
TJSonntag's gaming bio:
TJ Sonntag has owned various Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and Microsoft consoles, most of which were purchased for an exclusive survival horror game or RPG. She has been playing World of Warcraft since July of 2006, as well as dabbling in several other MMOs such as Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings: Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online and Warhammer: Age of Reckoning. TJ has participated in the closed and open betas for Aion, Rift, and several WoW expansions. She also participates in several FTP MMO betas, and has been leveling a member of each Secret Society in The Secret World.
Latest MMORPG1.com editorials:
- 06/22/2012: Rift expansion not really “free,” per se
- 06/16/2012: Will Storm Legion scatter Rift players to the game’s detriment?
- 06/7/2012: How Rift can avoid typical MMO ennui
- 06/2/2012: Rift expansion details released
- 05/30/2012: State of the Rift experience: How is Rift doing after 14 months?
- 05/24/2012: New Mentoring system coming to Rift in Patch 1.9
- 05/19/2012: More information on Rift’s Conquest PvP system
- 05/17/2012: Trion Worlds announced Conquest PvP system
- 05/8/2012: The case against alts in Rift
- 05/4/2012: Making Plat, the easy(iest) way