More details coming in on Game of Thrones MMO
Published on: July 14, 2012 at 20:00
Updated on: Jul 13, 2012 at 15:23
Publisher page: Bigpoint
If you haven’t heard of Game of Thrones yet, here’s a brief explanation. That title is the first book of George R R Martin’s fantasy series called Song of Ice and Fire. The books are written from multiple points of view, switching each chapter, and detail the story of the collapse of seven kingdoms and the houses — or families — that are involved and affected.
While a single-player RPG has already been released — and tanked — the MMO is in development by Bigpoint and is working toward a 2013 release. So far, we know that the MMO will include “Seven Kingdoms” in the title, that it will be browser-based and free to play on PC and Mac.
The trailer premiered at Comic-Con and showed off the iron throne, some heavily armored combat, a stealth kill, mounted combat. Thus far, those commenting on the YouTube video are far from impressed and the game will need to really step it up to have any kind of shot at success in today’s MMO market.
Latest MMORPG1.com game news:
- 01/17/2013: Come Back to TERA for Seven Days
- 01/17/2013: Wakfu Drops Square Enix as North America ...
- 01/17/2013: The Secret World Offers IRL Apparel
- 01/16/2013: Star Wars: The Old Republic Talks Up Patch 1.7
- 01/16/2013: Delay for Wizardry Online
- 01/15/2013: Guild Wars 2: Three Million Copies Sold
- 01/15/2013: Wildman Starts Kickstarter Campaign
- 01/15/2013: Pathfinder Online Secures Kickstarter Funding
- 01/14/2013: Open Beta in DUST 514 Date Announced
- 01/11/2013: World of Warcraft’s Cinder Kitten ...