Lionhead hiring more for “MMO-like multiplayer experience”
Published on: May 19, 2012 at 11:00
Updated on: May 19, 2012 at 15:55
Publisher page: Microsoft Game Studios
In a job listing on the Lionhead Studios website, the company recently advertised staff openings for an ”MMO-like title for next generation consoles,” and said that the project would be a AAA game with the budget to support such a venture.
The ad has since been taken down, but industry insiders believe this means that Lionhead may well be developing an MMO in the near future. There is no word yet on whether that proposed MMO will be set in the Fable universe of Albion, but Lionhead really doesn’t have any other IPs except for Black & White. Of course, with Peter Molyneux having moved on to greener pastures, Lionhead may be preparing to move on to a completely new universe and story line.
Lionhead is also hiring an “Experienced Programmer” and you can check out that job posting here. This position also mentions MMOs and multiplayer, which further suggests a big name title in the works.
Latest MMORPG1.com game news:
- 01/17/2013: Come Back to TERA for Seven Days
- 01/17/2013: Wakfu Drops Square Enix as North America ...
- 01/17/2013: The Secret World Offers IRL Apparel
- 01/16/2013: Star Wars: The Old Republic Talks Up Patch 1.7
- 01/16/2013: Delay for Wizardry Online
- 01/15/2013: Guild Wars 2: Three Million Copies Sold
- 01/15/2013: Wildman Starts Kickstarter Campaign
- 01/15/2013: Pathfinder Online Secures Kickstarter Funding
- 01/14/2013: Open Beta in DUST 514 Date Announced
- 01/11/2013: World of Warcraft’s Cinder Kitten ...