Easy there, BioWare, your desperation is showing
Published on: July 14, 2012 at 11:00
Updated on: Jul 12, 2012 at 14:31
Along with patch 1.3, BioWare is issuing a mostly sincere plea to former Star Wars: The Old Republic players: come back to the game Electronic Arts spent $500 million on and help us make this a success!
The game’s publisher is also offering a referral reward program, a free week of game play to former account holders, a free trial of up to level 15 for new players, and a reversal on their policy of deleting complaint threads from forums. Instead, they say they’ll be addressing those complaints concerning bugs and a lack of end game.
While EA continues to proclaim the game a success and says it’s doing just fine, gamers are skeptical. After all, when was the last time EA was just generous like that?
Unfortunately, with that kind of investment in the development and marketing of a licensed property, Star Wars: The Old Republic would have to be absolutely rocking the subscription numbers at this point. Only seven months after its December 2011 release, that doesn’t appear to be the case.
If you’re still considering picking up this game, you have a decision to make. Grab it now, and hope enough other people do to in order to save it, or wait just a few more months when it will undoubtedly go completely free to play.
More infos about the MMORPG Starwars the Old Republic
Latest MMORPG1.com game news:
- 01/17/2013: Come Back to TERA for Seven Days
- 01/17/2013: Wakfu Drops Square Enix as North America ...
- 01/17/2013: The Secret World Offers IRL Apparel
- 01/16/2013: Star Wars: The Old Republic Talks Up Patch 1.7
- 01/16/2013: Delay for Wizardry Online
- 01/15/2013: Guild Wars 2: Three Million Copies Sold
- 01/15/2013: Wildman Starts Kickstarter Campaign
- 01/15/2013: Pathfinder Online Secures Kickstarter Funding
- 01/14/2013: Open Beta in DUST 514 Date Announced
- 01/11/2013: World of Warcraft’s Cinder Kitten ...