Check out The Secret World for free
Published on: July 29, 2012 at 20:00
Updated on: Jul 31, 2012 at 15:25
As one of the most unusual MMOs to ever come onto the market, The Secret World really needs a free trial to bring in more players. Luckily for us all, that’s going to happen for a full weekend, this August 3 – August 6. The game currently retails for about $50 USD with a $14.99 per month subscription fee.
The Secret World takes place in a twisted version of the real world, where all the fantastical myths you ever heard turn out to be true. You can explore the American northeast with a Cthulhu feel, travel through Egypt and solve the mysteries of the City of the Sun God, and then venture into Transylvania for even more action, stealth and investigation missions.
The Secret World players choose one of three factions with which to associate: the Illuminati, the Templars and the Dragon. This initial choice flavors the player experience throughout the entire game.
Thus far, there are five regular instanced dungeons, even more Elite-level dungeons and three different PvP areas. A unique “skill wheel” method of selecting weapons and abilities makes for a playing experience without classes or levels and provides for a huge number of different play styles.
Find out more about The Secret World at the game’s official website. The Secret World is developed and published by Funcom, Makers of Age of Conan and The Longest Journey.
More infos about the MMORPG The Secret World
Latest MMORPG1.com game news:
- 01/17/2013: Come Back to TERA for Seven Days
- 01/17/2013: Wakfu Drops Square Enix as North America ...
- 01/17/2013: The Secret World Offers IRL Apparel
- 01/16/2013: Star Wars: The Old Republic Talks Up Patch 1.7
- 01/16/2013: Delay for Wizardry Online
- 01/15/2013: Guild Wars 2: Three Million Copies Sold
- 01/15/2013: Wildman Starts Kickstarter Campaign
- 01/15/2013: Pathfinder Online Secures Kickstarter Funding
- 01/14/2013: Open Beta in DUST 514 Date Announced
- 01/11/2013: World of Warcraft’s Cinder Kitten ...